- Generation 5 “Gen5” SR22 Turbo Cirrus
- 3600lb (200lb) Takeoff weight increase
- Seating for FIVE
- FLIR Forward Looking Infrared Vision
- Best/latest version of the #1 selling airplane in the world
- Certified known icing (FIKI)
- Garmin G1000 Perspective
- 214 ktas Max Cruise
- 755 nm Max Range
Max Operating Altitude
Max Climb Sea Level
Aircraft manufacturer data, actual aircraft performance may vary based on a number of factors, consult FAA approved Pilot Operating Handbook for full details before flight.
3 blade, constant speed
Fuel Usable Fuel (Tabs)
Max Gross Takeoff Weight
Basic Empty Weight
Max Luggage Weight
$499.00/hr Retail Rate
Fuel Included1 Overnight rental available2
Aircraft checkout procedures require a minimum of a Biennial Flight Review* for first time renters – minimum of 1hr-2hrs of flight & 1hr-2hrs of ground instruction for current & proficient pilots. A successful aircraft checkout at the end of a scheduled BFR/Checkout session is not guaranteed by default, subject to pilot performance within his-or-her minimum FAA private-pilot & rated standards and at the discretion of the Sawyer Aviation Instructor. A checkout is required for each model of aircraft to be rented (solo). A minimum of three-flight hours are required for a checkout in G1000 equipped aircraft. This policy is reverse compatible for the analog equivalent of the same model of aircraft (e.g. Checkout in C-172SP with G1000 = checkout in non-G1000 [analog] C-172SP). Sawyer Aviation graduates who have received a rating at Sawyer Aviation, within the preceding 12-months in the same model of aircraft to be rented, may automatically meet steps 3 & 4 of the checkout requirements. Twin-engine, DA-42 Twinstar, composite, complex & high performance aircraft checkout requirements may vary, call Sawyer Aviation for details. Flights to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean allowed.
NOTE: No pilot minimums apply to flights with a Sawyer Aviation Instructor.
*BFR may be substituted with IPC & VFR maneuvers at instructor’s discretion. Pilots must hold a current third-class medical, have a valid credit card on-file & sign an aircraft rental agreement prior to any rental, solo or dual flight.
Minimum Pilot Requirements
- FAA instrument-rated private-pilot’s License & current medical certificate
- 250 total hours
- Must satisfactorily complete the aircraft checkout process including: (Pilots with 50hrs of SR22 time) may be eligible for reduced requirements -OR- 10hrs of dual flight instruction in the aircraft with at least one cross-country flight.
- Completion of Sawyer Aviation’s Cirrus checkout
- Review of Sawyer Aviation rental policies & procedures
- Assessment of aeronautical knowledge
- Aircraft performance, systems, procedures & limitations
- Aircraft normal, abnormal & emergency maneuvers
1Fuel purchased away from point of departure is credited to rental and deducted from rental charges.2Overnight parking, landing fees, etc. are client responsibility. Three-hour daily minimum required per 24-hr period commencing from time of day when aircraft reservation begins (Example: 5:00pm Friday through 12:00pm Sunday = one full 24-hr period).3Checkout process includes biennial flight review (BFR) and instrument competency check (IPC) if instrument rated. Aircraft checkout valid for 12-months from the date of completion. Existing customer seeking a checkout to fly additional Sawyer Aviation aircraft only need perform steps 3 & 4 of the checkout process after first aircraft checkout is complete.