Terrific article from Cessna
Apple iPad – iFlite 3 Updates Ready for Single-Engines
Cessna iFlite 3 For The Apple iPad Is Available For All Cessna Single-Engine AircraftImprovements over the first iFlite, introduced less than a year ago, include:
- Pinch-to-Zoom, Moving Map Sectionals
- Sectionals and IFR Low/High Enroute Terrain Charts
- Inflight Weather (ADS-B) with No Monthly Subscription
- Route Rubber Banding
- TFRs on the Moving Map
“This latest upgrade for Cessna single-engine pilots improves the flight planning tools available for pilots using the extremely popular iPad,” said Cessna Senior Vice President Brad Thress.
iFlite 3 is an iPad application populated with critical flight information and planning features. With it, pilots can instantly access up-to-the-minute weather images, plan routes and have access to a dual screen Moving Map. iFlite 3 also includes the ability to view Cessna Pilot Operating Handbooks, calculate aircraft Weight and Balance and even calculate take-off and landing performance numbers.
Unique with the Cessna iFlite app, pilots will have access to performance calculations and POH subscriptions. Pilots are able to file flight plans and obtain legal DUATS-approved Weather Briefings.
“The iFlite application is proving popular with Cessna single-engine pilots, and iFlite 3 will be even better,” said Thress.
Cost of Cessna iFlite is initially $9.99 with a $139.99 annual subscription and an additional $39 to add an aircraft POH. Cessna iFlite 3 for iPad is available now at the iTunes App Store.
Basic features include :
- Performance Calculations
- Weight & Balance
- A/FD & AOPA Information
- Route Planning
- Weather Text: METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, Temperatures Aloft
- Weather Images: DUATS Animated RADAR, Satellite, etc.
- DUATS Filing Flight Plan & Weather Briefing
- NACO Approach Charts
- Airport Status – Displays Airport Delays at Major Airports
- GPS Moving Map with VFR Sectional and IFR Enroute Charts
- POH Purchase (at additional charge)